• Student Ambassadors

    Connect with one of our students

  • Latino Mental Health

    Less than 2% of the nation’s psychologists are trained to deliver language and culturally competent mental health care to Spanish speaking people.

  • Admissions Events

    Register for an open house or webinar today

Financial Aid FAQs

What documents must I file to be considered for financial assistance

You must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This can be accomplished online at www.studentloans.gov.

Do I need to wait for an offer of admission to apply for financial aid

You are strongly encouraged to submit your application for aid before you receive your offer of admission. You can apply anytime after October 1st using prior-prior year taxes.

What is the due date for applying for financial aid

There is no deadline; however, we encourage you to submit it early on so that you can be awarded once you're admitted.

When will I receive a response to my application

We will forward an award letter to all applicants following an offer of admission and receipt of your FAFSA results. If necessary, William James College may contact you to request additional documentation of income and assets before the award letter is released. 

I am not a US citizen - can I apply for assistance

If you meet the FAFSA filing requirements for an eligible non-citizen, you may be considered for  aid. Please log on to www.studentloans.gov to determine if you qualify as an eligible non-citizen. 

Can I use my financial aid for living expenses

Financial aid, including student loans, may be used to cover reasonable living expenses such as housing, transportation, textbooks, utilities, meals and medical expenses. 

How do I receive my financial aid funds

All financial aid awards, including student loans, are paid directly to the school and credited to your student account at the start of each academic semester. After all tuition and fees are covered, funds for living expenses will then be released to the student after the  add/drop period through our refund system.

Can I receive financial aid when I am enrolled less than full-time

For each semester of enrollment, you must be enrolled at least half-time (as determined by William James College) to remain eligible for federal student loans. 

Can my financial aid be used to pay my enrollment deposit

Your financial aid award may not be used for this purpose. You must remit payment of your deposit using a personal check or credit card. Your deposit is credited to your student account as a cash payment towards your first semester costs. 

How often do I re-apply for financial aid

You must re-apply each year for federal  assistance by filing a new FAFSA on www.studentloans.gov. The summer is the start of a new award year starting in your second year.

How to Finance Your Education

How to Finance Your Education, Piggy bank on books