SCH PS630 - Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues in School Psychology
- To become familiar with the history and foundations of school psychology as well as current controversies in the field.
- To become familiar with the diverse roles, functions and methods of service delivery of school psychologists in school settings and other professional settings.
- To reinforce, expand, and deepen one’s knowledge of relevant laws, ethics, and professional standards in the field of school psychology/psychology, and how they are applied in practice.
- To improve one’s knowledge and skills in using technology to optimize one’s capabilities and efficiency as well as to keep confidential material safe.
- To understand professional preparation issues in school psychology.
- To develop an understanding of cultural responsiveness in legal, ethical, and service delivery issues.