Will the College require community members to be vaccinated?
Yes, William James College will be requiring staff, faculty, and students to be fully vaccinated before our full return to campus in the Fall. For the few who might be unable to comply with this directive for religious or health restrictions there will be some room for reasonable accommodation. This decision was announced on May 5.
How will the requirement be implemented?
The College’s COVID Task Force is meeting regularly to evolve and execute our return to campus plan. Details, including details about how the vaccine requirement will be implemented, will be shared during Summer 2021.
Mask Requirements (As of May 29, 2021)
- Effective May 29, consistent with updated CDC recommendations, the Commonwealth’s mask mandate will be rescinded. William James College will retain existing policies regarding mask requirements for indoor spaces through June 2021.
- Effective immediately, masks are no longer required outdoors for fully vaccinated persons when on the William James College campus grounds.
- Per the Governor’s order, businesses other than those directly identified (transportation systems, healthcare settings, congregate care settings) are permitted to set their own rules regarding mask and vaccination policies. Students working in field sites should understand the mask requirements of the field site.
- See “vaccine requirements” for mask requirements for unvaccinated community members.
Vaccination Requirements (As of May 29, 2021)
- All William James College community members must be vaccinated before returning to campus this fall for work or study.
- Accommodations will be made for those who, for documented religious or health reasons, cannot comply with this mandate.
- Faculty and staff members seeking accommodation should contact Human Resources to request the required documentation.
- Students seeking accommodation should contact the Registrars’ office to request the required documentation.
- Students enrolled in fully remote programs, who will not physically report to campus at any point during the fall semester, and who will not be vaccinated, should complete the waiver process and indicate their online-only status.
- Submitting Proof of Vaccination or Waiver Documentation
- Log into the Student Portal and navigate to the Document Center.
- Under “COVID Vaccination Documentation,” upload proof of vaccination (a photo or scanned copy of a vaccination card showing student’s name and date of birth) or waiver documentation via the Document Center.
- Faculty/Staff will receive a form from HR that should be returned to HR (by email or hard copy) or submitted via Teams.
- Community members who are not vaccinated must continue to wear a face covering while indoors on campus and must also provide a negative COVID test every two weeks until changes are formally made to this written policy.
- Per the Governor’s order, businesses other than those directly identified (transportation systems, healthcare settings, congregate care settings) are permitted to set their own rules regarding mask and vaccination policies. Students working in field sites should understand the vaccine requirements of the field site.