New Students Enrollment Checklists
Our Student Services Office, comprised of Financial Aid, Billing and the Registrar’s Office, has a number of forms for you to complete before you enroll and begin classes.
- If you plan on applying for financial aid, please file your FAFSA application on www.studentloans.gov. For private loans, be sure to apply through www.elmselect.com. If you already filed your FAFSA and you haven’t received an award letter yet, please be sure to contact the Financial Aid Office (FinancialAid@williamjames.edu).
- Return your award letter with your loan request, and complete the two steps on page two of your award letter.
- Please refer to the Tuition and Fees Section of the website for information on tuition payment due dates, payment plans, refunds, and policies.
- Please complete the Financial Responsibility Agreement, click HERE to download.
- If not done yet, you must request an official transcript to be sent from your institution showing degree conferred.
Registrar's Office Forms Requirements
Please complete the following required forms and return to the Registrar’s Office by June 30, 2018:
- FERPA Initial Consent Form (Required)
- ADA Accommodation Request Form (Optional)
- Incoming Student Information Form (Required)
- Authentication Form (Required)
- HIPAA Form (Required)
- Immunization & Vaccination Exemption Form (Optional)
- Religious Immunization Exemption Form (Optional)
- Immunization Form (Required)
- SEVIS Form (Required by Non-US Citizens)
- If you wish to transfer credits, you must submit a completed Petition for Transfer of Credit (see above listed forms) to the Registrar’s Office as early as possible upon acceptance.
- More information regarding the Registrar’s Office can be found HERE
- If you plan on using educational benefits through the Veteran’s Administration go HERE. Please make sure you forward your Certificate of Eligibility to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a Yellow Ribbon recipient, please fill out the Yellow Ribbon application which you can download by click HERE. If you would like more information, please contact Ms. Debra Boyce, email@example.com
- Student health insurance is required in the state of Massachusetts. The plan year runs from August 25, 2018 – August 24, 2019. You have the option to choose the school’s offered insurance plan or provide waiver information to the school. Please look for upcoming information from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding this year’s plan.
MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling:
- You should receive an email from the Information Technology (IT) Department with instructions on how to set up your email and access to all WJC systems. It is important that you set up your email and check it on a daily basis. You should use your WJC email to communicate with the college and with your potential practicum site.
- You should have been contacted by Mrs. Melissa Koen or by a member of the Department of Field Education to begin your practicum site search if you are a full time student. Part-time students begin their practicum in their second year. If you have not received information about the practicum search, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Liability Insurance: All students are required to obtain individual student liability insurance. This may be obtained by joining the American Counseling Association (www.counseling.org) or through the Massachusetts Mental Health Counselors Association (www.mamhca.org). You will be required to offer proof of your student liability insurance during the first week of classes.
- Registration: You will receive an email from the Department Coordinator, Ms. Natalie Wallace, with information on how to sign up for a registration appointment. Registration starts the second week of June and it is done by appointment with the Department Chair, Dr. Nilda Laboy.
- Academic Advisor: You will receive an email from the Department Chair, Dr. Nilda Laboy, with the name of your assigned advisor. Your advisor will be in touch with you before classes start. There is a dedicated time during orientation to meet with your advisor.
- Ed Tech Orientation: You will receive an email about this online tutorial that introduces the student to the College’s technologies. You are required to complete this online orientation before attending the in-person orientation.
- Textbook list: You will receive the textbook list from the Counseling Department by the end of July, at the latest. Students may order textbooks online from MBS Direct, William James College’s official textbook store. A link to the bookstore is located on the Library’s website.
- Orientation Week: Fall 2018 orientation starts on Monday, August 20 until Friday, August 24. The Counseling Department mandatory days are Wednesday, August 22 and Thursday, August 23, and the College-wide writing orientation is on Friday, August 24. You are required to attend these 3 days. There are a number of other activities on Monday and Tuesday and in the evenings sponsored by the Dean of Students Office.
- Start of Classes: Classes start on Monday, August 27, 2018. Make sure you come in early to find your way! For distance students, make sure to login to Canvas and surf your courses prior to the first day of classes.